Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First Day of School

We had our first day of school today. A new strategy I'm implementing this year is pretesting. I've often heard of the instructional value (and research confirmed results) of such a practice and am happy to have moved my classroom in that direction.
I just checked in with the results in the Google Form spreadsheet and it is great to see what areas the whole class is already proficient as well as some of the individuals that are proficient on learning targets beyond the general population of their peers. Students were told to check the results email after sending their responses and record it on their paper copy of the pretest. The results can be used for differentiated activities in class in the next two weeks.
I'm excited about the early student reflection and awareness of what they have yet to learn in the pretesting process.

No comments:

Post a Comment