Saturday, August 10, 2013

Teacher awards

I ordered some frames online this summer thinking that maybe I'd get around to framing some teacher recognition certificates I had received over the past few years to give myself some credibility on open house night--perhaps to avoid some of the 'you don't look old enough to have been teaching that long' comments.
After placing my frame order I continued to clean out my desk and found some handwritten thank you cards from students. It occurred to me that these are more of an award than the certificates I had intended to frame. It's easy as teachers to lead others to believe what happens in our classrooms (especially if they have never set foot in it) with our words and the image we make for ourselves but you can't fool the kids.
I guess those certificates will have to wait a little longer to see the light of day. I will be displaying the cards in my classroom this year.
Have a great new start to the year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment