Friday, November 8, 2013

Applying student learning to writing code


Today in class I worked with a small group of kids on applying Google Apps Script concepts to some basic algebra that they have learned in the past. I have not done anything like this before with students so I am beginning to think through some of the pieces that they will need to know. I am getting their feet wet by using the same computer generated practice template that I've been using to provide practice for students in my algebra classes.
Please know that I am not completely going computer math here--this is just what is used for the practice and remediation cycle for my students. We are still having class discussions on parallel tasks, open ended questions, pulling out algebra tiles and self-assessing our own work and understanding.
Here is a link to a presentation outlining some of the components needed to begin working in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment